I don't want to be a hero....

I'm not a hero

Not sure if this is working but.....so many people tell me what an inspiration I am...that I get them to "fight the fight"...that they're inspired etc.....my husband says he's "proud"....I didn't do anything....I got sick....I fought it...I'm here...for my kids....my love....for my friends...to show them that it's possible to kick this nasty to the curb.  But what you don't know....is.....I'm crying...right at this moment....for what I've gone through, for those I've met, I've befriended, I've lost, those fighting now....you can't imagine how many friends I've made through this whole ordeal.  For my uncle...in hospice...diagnosed only a few weeks ago....done.  For the mother of 2 small children (younger than me) who passed away and I shared chemo treatments with...for "O" who was re-diagnosed when I was going through chemo and is doing the ride with me...

I put up a strong front but....every day is a fight....just to stay strong and hope and pray that this does not return.....I look at my beautiful children and there's just no way I'm ready to leave them yet....I don't think I ever will be but....definitely not yet.

It's hard work...I'll be here in June....hopefully I'll be here in December...hopefully I'll get to attend 3 beautiful weddings!.....hopefully even my 50th anniversary...see once you get this demon...it never really, really leaves you.

I think I just need a really good cry...if I remember correctly I cried when I was first told...but that's it...I'm a strong bitch...I think....but I have y soft side.....right now I'm folding.

lol...me...at my finest!

Comments

Deanna said…
Yup .. I see that in you .. the everyday grapple with the demon that terrorized you ( & others), and continues to terrify you ...and yet ... I see the light that shines in you .. and that is a BIG LIGHT.

Ride with that shining light !!! Create that visual ... on your wonderful and fancy new bike ...

Popular Posts