People just come into your life and surprise you...

....no matter what you believe, what happened to me today is always a smile producing, heart warming feeling.....and makes you think that people do still care.

Today I went to bottle a couple of batches of wine...I know..."me bad"....only if you believe that I'm "drinking" from those batches....it was fun....good to get away from the regular "routine".  After that I went for lunch with a friend...at a pub....okay, okay...don't condemn me...nobody said I wasn't allowed a glass (or two) or a bottle (or two) of wine/beer.  Anyways.................

After a very yummy bowl of clam chowder and a seafood sandwich I had to pee....okay...I had had a beer...which is why I had to pee.  So I went to the lovely pub restroom...which you can never trust because hello....many a drunken sailorettes have sprinkled on the toilet seats.....which is why they have (instead of hand sanitizer)....toilet seat cleaner....I kidd you not.  So yeah...I'm peeing....and I notice these very cool snake skin shoes in the stall next to me....now there's a blast from the 80's!  I head out to wash my hands and out comes this 70 - 75 year old woman....she's beautifully "kept"...I mean that in a good way...her hair is perfect, her make-up is nice and she just looks great.  She washes her hands and then proceeds to wipe around the sinks...almost delaying time...as if for a purpose.  And yes....I do believe in this kind of "stuff".  The conversation goes like this....

Her:  "Don't mind me...."
Me:  "Habit I guess?"
Her:  "Old habits die hard"
Me:   "lol...that's okay"
Her:  "Can I ask?  Do you wear your bandana because....."
Me:  ......"yes"
Her:  "You are a brave soul.  Can I bless you?"
Me:  "Sure...why not?"
Her:  *makes a cross on my forehead and says a silent prayer*....very obviously a Catholic.
Me:  "Thank you."
Her:  "Be strong and God Bless"

And then I went back to my beer and she stayed in the bathroom for a while longer.  Whatever you believe/don't believe.....the world needs more people who give a shit.  I went back to that beer very grateful of that total stranger.


Comments

Jen said…
wow. that made me all misty-eyed. what a sweet soul.. *sigh*

:)

i once had a Priest stop me in the grocery store, after watching M for a few moments, and asked me if he could bless her. he said he hoped that I knew what a precious gift from God she was. I told him that I knew.. and he said "I am not sure you do... "

That left me a bit rattled. Because I DO know. It took me 5 years and 4 miscarriages to have her! So I am not sure if maybe he meant something else? Either way, it was quite moving.

Popular Posts