Run over by a truck

I feel as though I've been run over by a truck and left to try and stand on my own. 

Chemo was gross and not super easy but radiation took it out of me much worse.  My red blood cells and hemoglobin are struggling to get back to "normal" levels....still well below....which would explain why I could sleep 15 hours a day....and I try to. I over-did it last week and I definitely paid for it.  Next Herceptin treatment is this Monday...with my new doctor.  :o(

On a positive note...I have hair happening...I have eyebrows and I definitely have lashes again....along with leg hair and *ahem*....but I only have one armpit that I have to shave...bonus!  Now if my daughter would be comfortable enough to let me go "hat less" in public....she's not quite ready.....and it's getting warm out!

Last week consisted of a grade 8 leaving ceremony....my boy (after hair-cut) was such a dapper young gentleman and I was proud of him...he did well on his report card.  We also had a grade 12 graduation ceremony for my eldest....it was a very, very, very long night....400+ graduates....but I was very proud of him too.  And we told him....we gave him a beautiful "Tag" watch and said we'd help him (a bit) when he was ready to purchase a vehicle.  And then he quit his job the very next day.....I'm still shaking my head.  But he does have plans and I'm thankful for that....nothing would upset me more than if I had to see him sitting at home playing video games for the next 5 years....noooo.....we're going to get into the electrical trade....he just wants a couple of weeks off....I can handle that.  Krystina had two, year-end dance recitals which are always too cute....I went to my most favorite doctor's "retirement tea" and ended the whole thing off with a 5 km walk with my good buddy....the morning was gorgeous.  So yeah...time to relax a little.  Well that is "now" I can relax a little....Krystina had her birthday party today which really didn't have me doing too much...thankfully...next week is Tony's b-day....I'll let him sleep in.

It's hard to believe that we passed our 19th wedding anniversary...that's a very long time...and while the man snores....I still "like" him...

Well I'm off to a clients tomorrow (because of treatment on Monday) and I'm ready to hit the sack.

Take care everyone!

Comments

Fen said…
Hey lady, you're supposed to SLOW DOWN when you're getting treated for cancer! Sounds like you have a ton on your plate these days. I am amazed at how well you handle it all.
So am I?!? But I guess that just "how" I get "through" this....

Popular Posts