Heat and empty pockets

So today is going to be the last of the heat wave...so they say.... Don't get me wrong, I like it when it's warm....it's supposed to be....it's summer. We bitch and complain enough during the winter months and up here....in the "great north"....we get rain and dark skies for pretty much 9 months out of the year.....so I'm going to enjoy the summer sunshine and warm weather. It's just that when you've got 6 people (and a dog) packed into a not so huge house and the temperatures are heading upwards to around 35 celcius (100 f)....it gets a little toasty.....and I just washed my floors. What does that have to do with anything? Well when it's this stifling, the dog walks around with her tongue hanging and gob dripping everywhere. The a.c. unit we have in the kitchen helps, but we only got that because I refused to cook in these sorts of temps last year. And even when it's on...and I start cooking....the temperature in the house quickly goes up 10 degrees. So anyways....it's been glorious and I sure do hope that the weather stays nice....which it's supposed to be....just a dip in the temperature....because I have to finish booking our campsites and it would be a real shame if we had to camp in the rain....see....I'm complaining already.

The other point to this point was that we've been spending a ridiculous amount of cash and it's starting to make me a little nauseous. Sure we planned on the trip and we knew it was going to cost us.....it'll be a worthwhile and memorable time with the kids and we're all very much looking forward to it. But then you gotta throw in the birthdays....there's 5 in the span of two months....the vet bill....which comes in today.....and the fact that the washer and dryer decided to pack it in last week. Now with school around the corner....all those nice new school supplies. Then there's soccer start up....everyone's feet have grown 10 sizes. Don't forget the school fees and the start up of dance again. Ka ching, Ka ching, Ka ching. But this is life and exactly the reason we decide to get married, have children and take care of our parents and throw in a few animals into the mix as well.....it comes with the package.

And with that.....I'll go and check on the little one who is sporting a bit of a fever on this hot, hot day.

Comments

Popular Posts