42 km and Strava

I can barely keep my eyes open at this point....it was a fantabulous weekend!  Lunch with my sister-in-law and good friend on Friday, spoiled rotten on Saturday and a yummy birthday dinner out with the hubs on Saturday....to end off the weekend with a 42 km ride out on Sunday...my cheeks are still burning!...I mean the ones on my face!

46 and 1 day older and I did the longest ride yet.  I hired my dad to be my "spot"...lol...so it was funny having the same car pass me every few kms...just to make sure I wasn't kissing the pavement again, along the way.  1/3 way through the ride I thought to myself "this is insane...there's no fucking way I can do this ride today"...I was ready to stop and tell my dad we'll cut it short and turn around....I was even more ready to tell him...."let's put the bike in the back of the car and we'll drive back".  But no....my stubborn sorry ass decided I was going to do it.  I had to prove to myself that I could finish what I set out to do....just like kicking the "C" thing to the curb!  And I did it...42 km!..in 2 1/2 hours (not that it was a race).

I've joined a new "club"...us "bikers"...we do the head nod as we pass each other...we're considerate of our space...it's pretty cool! 

I went out and purchased rain pants today...as well as "arm warmers"...I'm pretty decked out now...just need the little booties!

The boys (Teddy and Aleks) went out and bought me a waterproof/shockproof (we all know I need that) iPhone cover and bike mount....Aleks went ahead and downloaded the "Strava" app....I so totally know what this is all about now Erik!!!  What a fantastic app!!  Mapped my route today, gave me my distance and I've now formulated it so that next time...it will give me calories burned!!...and that's on the "free app"!...gee I wonder what paying $60/year would give me!

Well that's it for now....I'm done...this chick is going to sleep particularly well tonight!

Comments

Deanna said…
cool cool I say to you ... can you just imagine if you had ridden that far when you were 45 ... you would have done at least a 100 kms .. no? ... oh well too late!

Ha ha ... I didn't send birthday wishes .. my bad ... however ... your head must get swollen with the 365 messages that I send to you otherwise ... surely to good gawd there was a birthday wish thrown in there somewhere ...!!

so happy to hear of your great riding adventures !
Fen said…
Congrats on HTFU (I'll let you look that one up! Hehe!) and getting through your ride!

I felt pretty good yesterday and got in a longer ride than usual!

Look for me on Strava!
Fen said…
Too late, already found you unless there's another you in Italy!

Popular Posts