Having a hard time with this

So my uncle who didn't come to see me when I visited in 1986, but who visited here in 2009 and 2010 has a profound influence on me...is dying.....  In December he had to have a kidney removed..apparently "not a big deal"...today he's in hospice and I'm having a hard time with it.  He was soooo full of energy and life...he gave his all.....he made up for not seeing me in 1986.....and now....he's almost gone.  Again, this "ride" is for him, me and all my cancer buddies...I really really hate this disease!

Comments

Fen said…
I've been preoccupied with mortality a bit lately. Looking at our pets and knowing they won't be around forever.

It is depressing to think of how transitory all of this is. But that can also be used as a call to make the most of the time we DO get!
So true Erik...like I said...it gives me the "kick in the ass" I need to know I'm doing this ride for all those I love....and because I'm so grateful to be here today...alive and well!

Popular Posts