One year ago today.....

One year ago today......it was a beautiful, sunny Friday afternoon.....and at 5:10 p.m I was told that I have breast cancer.

In one year I've had countless mammograms, needles stuck into a lump in boob, my boob cut open and a tumor cut out, cut my hair, shaved my head, lost my hair, wore a wig, wore many bandanas...and hats, slept with a cold head, went through chemo....and radiation, have had more iv's than I care to count....and have made many friends that share the same fate that I have.  And here I am.....one year later....alive and thankful to have both my boobs!...and some hair!

Tony and I just celebrated with a few days away at my most favorite place.....Tofino....

I am thankful to be here, I am thankful for my children, for my husband, for my life....I am truly thankful.  One year later...it still seems so surreal, the whole thing and it still brings to me to tears...but I'm here and I don't plan on going anywhere just yet....at least not for a good 50 years! ;o)

Comments

Jen said…
Hoping everything is going well for you and yours!! <3

Popular Posts